Friday, June 02, 2006

 

Call It What You May, It's Still Fantastic

One of the things that my 10th grade English teacher always told us was to make frequent use of synonyms. If you use the same word over and over to describe something, you will turn off your readers faster than Paris Hilton can spend $100. I have found that, in writing a memoir around a specific topic, that advice becomes very crucial.

You see, when one frequently discusses spanking, one must refer regularly to the portion of the anatomy commonly known as the butt. While the word "butt" brings visions of lovliness to the minds of many, if that word becomes overused, it rapidly loses its appeal. Therefore, it becomes necessary to make use of a goodly number of synonyms for "butt."

And so, as a public service, today I shall endeavor to list all of the different ways that one can refer to the human butt. Okay, perhaps not all of the ways, but as many as my vast and imaginary imagination can come up with. So here I present to you, my loyal readers, a list that I shall call Bottom Language.

BottomBunsBackside
Rear or Rear EndRumpFanny
Tail or Tail EndBack EndAss
Tush (or tushie)DerriereCan
Seat of one's pantsWhere one sitsPosterior
BehindGluteus MaximusSeat
BumHaunchesHindquarters
HineyGlobesMounds of Flesh
Toches (from Yiddish))Permanent Vertical SmileWhere the Good Lord Split You
OrbsTarget
Nalgas (Spanish)Fesses (French)Hinterteile(German)

I'm sure that this list is not all-inclusive. If you'd like to suggest a name for one's posterior, feel free to pass it along to me and I'll add it to the collection.

Note: The items listed in blue have been added since the original post.

Comments:
Frank,

My husband prefers the term "Target"

Bonnie
 
Dear Misses Bonnie and Angel -

Thank-you for your fantastic contributions. I believe that I shall add both to my list.

Yours in spanking,
Frank
 
Try these:

fundament
nates
curple

and from The Englishwoman's Converzatione: "snowy prominences"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?