Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 

This And That

Today I feel the need to handle some business, blogwise. First of all, I’d like to point out that I’ve made some minor changes to the left column area. I have re-ordered my favorite links into roughly how I feel they rank in terms of quality and quantity. More frequently updated places reside closer to the top of the list. The list is in no way definitive and is subject to change at any time according to my whims. As I continue to discover new and diverse writings on the art of spanking, I’ll be adding to the list those that I would want to return to. If one of these blogs happens to be yours, you are always welcome to place a link to me on your site, but you are under no obligation to.

Next, I’ve made a permanent section for terms that are frequently put to use by those of us in the so-called “spanko community.” So far, the list contains words synonymous with the human buttocks. I have included several terms that I omitted in my original discussion, including a number that have been brought to my attention by attentive readers.

I’d like to make mention of a couple of people out there that have been especially kind to me recently.
The esteemed Patty from Creative Spanko Wench, who was good enough to include my remembrance of an embarrassing camping event with the amazing Angela, even though I submitted the essay quite past the stated deadline. Thank-you, Patty, your contest has drawn some fantastic prose and poetry.
The aptly-named Angel from Dangerous Curves Ahead, who has assigned to me the sobriquet of “Mr. Existential.” I am flattered by your choice of phrase, and I believe I may hang on to that for future use. In my humble opinion, I think the label is fantastic.

Finally, as I peruse the spanking community’s subspace in the web log universe, I’ve come across a few exchanges that have been, shall we say, less than harmonious. Seeing this makes me sad. Whether we like it or not, we in the spanking community are one big family. All families have their share of bumps, but, in most cases, there is a common bond that holds them together, allows everyone to eventually settle their differences, and find common ground. If this doesn’t happen, the whole family suffers.

I’m not trying to make anyone feel guilty or accuse anyone. Goodness knows that the author of this journal has hurt a few feelings (since I am fictional, I am, of course, perfect, but most people don’t have the good fortune to live in an imaginary world). Rather, I’d ask that you focus on your common ground. Over the years, I’ve learned, not without some of my own pain, to keep in mind a few pointers:

  • Assume that people are operating with good intentions until you are sure otherwise.
  • Remember that no one can control their feelings, only how they act on their feelings.
  • If something written by another member of our family makes you feel bad, explain to them how you feel, don’t tell them that they are wrong.
  • Don’t beat the poor dead horse. If someone indicates that something you wrote made them feel bad, don’t try to explain “what you meant.” It will still make them feel bad. Express empathy and move on.

In the words of the great actor, Harvey Firestein, “Why can’t we all just get along?”

Hope your day is simply fantastic.


Comments:
Frank,

Wow! I'm honored. Thanks!

Bonnie
 
My Dears -

I find a bit of irony in the fact that I have received a comment from the writer of the blog at the top of my list and the writer of the one at the bottom (no pun intended). However, the list is more of a grouping rather than a strict ranking.

So, Bonnie, because your blog is at the top, it doesn't necessarily mean that yours is my favorite (although it is), and Janeen, your's certainly isn't my least favorite. It is, in actuality, the one that I've most recently discovered.

You both have fantastic blogs. Please keep up the good work!

Frank
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?