Thursday, October 05, 2006

 

On Links And Comments

Hello, my friends. Just thought I’d put a little something here so that people don’t think that I no longer exist. For a person who doesn’t really exist, this would truly be a tragedy.

In my daily perusal of the contributions of other spanko writers, I have come across a couple of lines of discussion that I thought I’d address. Number One is the subject of links. I’ve read various reasoning as to what links they have chosen to include on their blogs. Some people prefer a small list because it is easier to manage. Others have a very large selection of links so that all of their friends, or persons who link to them, or both, are given their due.

My criteria is simple. The reason I place a link to another blog on my treasured site is:

Because I like it.

If you blog is not listed, please do not allow your feelings to be hurt. It could be that I have simply never visited your little piece of the internet. Or, I’m afraid, it could be that I do not care for your content. But take heart and do not be offended. It can be hard to satisfy my imaginary tastes.

Subject Number Two is comments. I receive relatively few comments here. But that is okay. If you are here and you choose to leave your thoughts, I thank you, and I appreciate your input. If you do not comment, it will not hurt my feelings. I’m glad that you have chosen to stop by, and I hope I was able to add something of value to your day.

I’d expect that your comment criteria and my link criteria have much in common. You leave comments because you like to. Or you don’t because you don’t. And that is perfectly acceptable to me. Indeed, it is just fantastic.

Comments:
I'm with you.. link because I like!! If a blog is linked on my blog rest assured I click that link once a day just to see cuz blogrolling doesn't always paint the true picture. And I also click refresh once I arrive on a non updated blog as blogger isn't always accurate either. Once I found a blog had 3 new posts but every time I went there it was stuck in the past. Refresh cures that. I'm rambling. Sorry. Bye.

Eva
 
Amen!

That's been Pablo and my policy (I think we may have been following Laura's example) since we put The Treehouse up and we've both done the same with our blogs. I like the idea of links meaning something -- namely that the linker in questions reads and likes the site.

It makes following someone else's links a lot more fun. Knowing that about your site, I look forward to exploring yours.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?