Monday, January 01, 2007

 

Auld Lang Spanko

I’d like to be the first to welcome all of my dear readers to the new year!

I’d like to be, but I’m sure that, by now, some one else has already welcomed you to the new year. If not, then allow me to be the first.

As you can see, my head is still somewhat a-spin from the New Year’s Eve goings on at the Spanko residence. You see, my darling wife and I allowed our youngest daughter, Colette, to invite some of her friends over for a small get-together.


When Colette first proposed the idea, neither Angela nor I thought that it would be much of an event. We didn’t expect a party, per se, but perhaps more of a “sleep over.” However, Colette informed us that she was too old for a “sleep over,” and intended to have a more mature gathering. This seemed reasonable, so Angela and I easily assented.

Except for the fact that Colette was in quite the tizzy for most of the week prior to the gathering, the preparations were uneventful. Colette, Angela, and I prepared a number of delectable munchies (yes, ladies, Frank likes to cook, mainly because Frank likes to eat) for consumption by the attendees. Colette did a great deal of the work, so Angela and I agreed to allow her to play the gracious host while we would act as servers (which, conveniently, allowed us supervise as well). I showed Colette how to tie her iPod device into the audio system in the living room, so she was able to easily prepare the musical playlist for the evening. Colette flitted and fretted, but Angela and I assured her that everything would work out just fine.

Maribel’s basketball team had a game Saturday which I attended, and then, since she was given a couple of days off for the holiday, she and her boyfriend came with me back to the homestead. Maribel told me that she, the boyfriend, and another couple were going out for a nice dinner but weren’t planning anything raucous. On the morning of New Year’s Eve, I heard Maribel ask Angela, “Mom, can we (meaning her and the boyfriend) use the guest house tonight when we get back since Colette is having a party here?”

The one disadvantage of having a house full of teenagers on New Years Eve is that it makes it impossible for Angela and I to engage in something of a New Years tradition, namely the ever-popular New Year’s spanking. Although this was not a major obstacle since we would probably be able to find time for some fun the next day, I was still mildly disappointed. When I heard Maribel’s request, my evil mind came up with a remedy

I knew that Angela would have no objection to Maribel’s request, so I moved quickly. “Ahem, young lady. In exchange for your use of the guest house, I have a little proposal.” Maribel looked at me with some trepidation. “Since your mom and I will be chaperoning Colette’s party for the evening, which I’m sure will be a late one, we could use a little respite at some point. Perhaps, when you return from the restaurant, you could stand in for us for an hour or so. In exchange, you can use the guest house for the rest of the night.”

“Where will you and Mom be?” Maribel asked.

“Quietly celebrating New Years. Alone.” Although, in truth, I didn’t think that we’d be very quiet.

Maribel looked questioningly at Angela. Angela responded by winking at Maribel, one of those I-know-what-you’re-planning-and-we-are-too winks. Maribel’s quizzical look lasted a moment longer, and then realization hit her. She was more than agreeable.

We Spankos’ are no fools. You see, I strongly suspected that Maribel had planned on a little New Year’s spanking activity of her own with her young man, and perhaps some other naked activities as well. I know this because I know that Maribel is a spanko, and because I had the same plans for Angela and myself. I correctly assumed that Maribel would gladly accept an hour of madness for a night of peace, alone with her boyfriend. I’m such a terrible father.

The party went on with almost nary a hitch. Colette only had one tantrum, and that was a small one regarding the proper placement of the Hors D'ouvres to the desserts, and none of her friends were near. We were able to quell it before it reached the screech level. Maribel arrived at the prescribed time, still looking smashing in her dinner outfit. She and the boyfriend spelled us, and Angela and I retired to the guest house. I took her over my knee and gave her a fabulous working-over with a hairbrush, and then put her over the back of a chair and put my belt to good use. When I was finished, Angela’s bottom was a spectacular shade of fuscia, and she looked much less stressed. When we changed positions, Angela used the ping pong paddle, and both small and large wooden paddles* to give me the most exquisite pain in my posterior.

After an hour or so, we returned to the party and said our good-nights to Maribel and the boyfriend, and resumed our posts as chaperone-servants. At midnight, we celebrated the falling of the ball with chilled sparkling apple juice and raspberry spumante. Surprisingly, Maribel and her friend joined us. Maribel has a very content look on her face, which made Mom proud and Daddy shudder. The party broke up shortly after that, with Colette exchanging hugs with all of her friends. For those who weren’t being picked up by their parents or staying at our place for the night, we insisted that their parents call us when they arrived safely back at their own homes. We told Colette that it was because it is dangerous driving on New Year’s Eve, but it was also because we wanted to make sure they went home and not somewhere less proper.

So now it’s a 2007. 2006 had it’s share of accomplishments and disappointments, but it went out on a fine note. I shall look back upon it fondly. For me, the best thing about 2006 was the fact that I have been able to come out of the imaginary closet and share my stories with you. You might say that I was born again. Or, you might say that I was born. I’ve received many kind words from so many of you. Some of you have even devoted some of the precious space on your blog to recommend me to your esteemed readers. I am thankful and humbled by all of your benevolence.

My wish for you is that your 2007 be filled with fantastic spankings!

* - implements suggested by Arnold … er … Chris … er … Dave.

Comments:
Sounds like a great night! Happy New Year!
Kallisto
 
If only we all would've been so lucky!

-Lee
 
Frank you brought me the biggest smile. (Well, OK, the second biggest smile besides the one Cindy always brings!) What a wonderful New Year's Eve. So glad you and Angela were able to enjoy some stress relief in the middle of the big party.

It sounds like you two are ultra-kewl parents, and share similar openness and honesty with your kids as Cindy does with hers. And we all know how much harder that is to do in the real world than the imaginary one, don't we?

Wonderful post.

Dave Chris Arnold Esquire
 
Thank you all for your kind words.

Frank
 
P.S. I've so enjoyed this little exchange I gave you a plug on our blog. Hope it boosts your hits!

Dave Chris Arnold Esquire
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?