Tuesday, February 27, 2007

 

For The Record

A few posts ago, I made reference to the NCAA Division II Women’s Basketball Tournament. I mentioned that the winner of my daughter’s conference tournament was NOT guaranteed a place in the tournament. Whilst I was speaking to my daughter’s coach last weekend, it was pointed out to me that this was an incorrect statement.

You see, my friends, it appears that the Division II tournament is run in much the same fashion as the Division I basketball tournaments. There are 64 teams competing for the championship, and each conference gets one guaranteed spot in the tournament. Thus, should Maribel and her mates win their conference tournament, she will indeed get a chance to complete for a national championship. Further, since her team is tied with another for the top spot in their conference, the likelihood seems very high that they will be granted an at-large bid should they fail to secure the guaranteed one. This is quite fantastic indeed. Our entire family is excited at the prospect of seeing Maribel ply her skills at a higher level.

Please forgive me for my error. I am guilty of making a bad assumption. For that, I deserve a spanking. I believe that I shall have Angela take care of that detail forthwith.

Comments:
I don't know anthing about basketball.Just wanted to thank you for the comment and link on our blog.Nami could end up being a big help for us.Thanks again! ,Edward
 
Edward -

Thank you for the kind words. Depression is a serious, chronic disease that our medical system still does not treat especially well. NAMI provides excellent help providing support and helping both you and Lisa cope. I hope you derive some benefit from it.

Good luck,
Frank
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?