Monday, August 20, 2007

 

Frank Apologizes For The Delay

Firstly, I think that a word of explanation is in order. I had originally wished to relay the results of my “vacation” with Angela during the previous week. However, when I made my weekly trek to my place of work on Monday, I was informed that one of our customers had a crisis (translation: someone had fucked up big time) and that I was being sent there to “see what I could do” (translation: to save our asses before we were told to take a hike). It is a one-hour plane flight to where this customer is located, however since we live in a medium-small metropolis, the next flight from the local airport was not until 5 pm, and they wanted me there that day. I could have taken a flight from The Big City airport, but that was at least a 2 ½ hour drive, and that airport is notorious for delays. So I opted for the six-hour drive directly to the customer. A rental car was quickly summoned for me, and, after stopping at home to pack a bag and tell Angela where I was headed, I hit the expressways.

The rest of the week is a blur. The customer was very angry. The project was a mess. The project team there was completely discombobulated. And I was still in vacation mode. Every evening after working, the customer insisted that I join them at their favorite tavern for lots of beer and greasy bar food. By Wednesday, I was asleep on my feet, which at least allowed me to beg off of the post-work routine.

Indeed, the only problem was one of understanding. The on-site team did not know what was really required of them, despite being there for over a year, and the customer was not very good at communicating their needs. I simply went back to the original project requirements, determined the progress towards each, listed what still needed to be accomplished, and made sure that each side understood what was expected of them. When I left on Friday, everyone was happy.

Excepting for me. I was exhausted. And I still had to drive home.

And, of course, when I returned home, Angela promptly marched me out to the guest house and spanked me with a belt for “leaving her home for a whole week with two restless kids who start school next week.” Sigh. My beautiful wife just knows to how to take care of her man.

So now, once I complete this missive, I shall take a much-deserved nap. Bernie and her wife are here, and they brought hamburgers, chicken breasts, and fresh corn, the last of the season, God bless them. After the evening repast, perhaps I shall return to my journaling, regaling you with more tales of my Week Of Spanking.

Or perhaps I shall persuade Angela to join me for some privacy in the guest house.

Either one sound fantastic to me.

Comments:
Now that the kids are going back to school, maybe you should convince Angela to write up her side of things while you get some sleep! I'd love to know what she's thinking about!
 
My dearest Lynlass -

Thank-you for your suggesting. Unfortunately, Angela is blessedly ignorant of this particular work of mine. Furthermore, since the writer of this is of the extremely male persuasion, it would be difficult for him to see things from a female perspective.

However, should someone volunteer to provide Angela's views, I'm sure the author would be willing to considering publishing them.

Regards,
Frank
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?