Friday, March 28, 2008

 

The Spankos In Nebraska

Just a quick update from here in Kearney. Kearney is not a very large city, with about 22,000 residents, about a quarter of which are student at the University Of Nebraska-Kearney, where the tournament finals are being played. Maribel’s university was kind enough to arrange transport for the families of the players. We flew into Omaha, and then took a very comfortable bus to Kearney. Maribel’s team plays the first game of the session, today at about 1 pm local time. When they win (note that I say “when” and not “if”), they’ll play tomorrow at 4 pm. The finals are Monday at 8 pm.

I need to correct a statement that I made in an earlier post. I had said that there is no national television for the women’s DII Tournament. Maribel and Coach E. both informed me that ISPN (the Imaginary Sports Programming Network) will broadcast the semi-finals and the finals on one of their sister networks. So if your cable system gets ISPNU, you can see Maribel play tomorrow (again, note that I don’t say “you might see”; I’m that confident that Maribel’s team will win today). If not, the finals will be on ISPN2 Monday evening.

Angela dropped a surprise on me during the trip here. She told me that, if Maribel’s team makes the finals, there will be an off day on Sunday. She informed me that I will be getting a spanking on Sunday. So should we be in Kearney that day, she will find a good, private place at which to lower my trousers and redden my tushy. This is Nebraska, so there are always lots of corn fields to hide in, although the corn is not yet in the ground so the fields are all bare. But I will leave the arrangements to my darling wife. It will be a little chilly here this weekend, so it will be nice to have a warm bottom to counteract that.

I will try to post the results of today’s contest this evening or tomorrow morning. But it is now time to go root for my hoop star daughter!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?