Monday, May 19, 2008

 

Is This The End, My Friend?

My goodness, it has been a long time since I’ve visited my little corner of the internet. The reasons I’ve neglected this are many and varied, and mostly bullshit, so I shan’t bother to list them. Suffice to day, I’ve contracted a bit of the malady known as blog fatigue.

And yet, this doesn’t even really supply a good picture on how I’ve been feeling. The truth is, I’ve been feeling somewhat distressed lately, psychically. I am not enamored with my place of employment, which basically has me bouncing from project to project depending on which executive’s ego needs massaging at that time. Little seems to be getting finished, and what does is allowed to seriously lack in quality. My productivity has waned, but no one seems to
mind. My darling wife’s health seems to be gradually deteriorating. The discomfort in her back is increasing, making it more and more difficult for her to do much of anything. I’ve seen her face white with pain just from walking from the bedroom to the kitchen. Her weight continues to increase as she is able to get no exercise whatsoever. The doctor said that her back will hurt less if she loses weight, and suggested dieting and exercise. Angela responded that she is unable to exercise unless she receives relief to the pain in her back, which sounded extremely logical to me. Add to this a home improvement project that is not progressing well and the failing health of one of my parents, and Frank gets a little cranky.

What is worse, I have begun to question the healthiness of my interest in
spanking. I have been wondering if I’m spending too much time in thinking about spanking, reading spanking blogs, watching spanking videos. Am I spending too much time, shall we say, concentrating on my own spanko-sexual needs, and not thinking enough about Angela’s needs? She says that her libido drastically decreases with the increase in pain, but I still dwell on the thought.

Or perhaps was it simply the fact that, here in the beautiful midwestern United States, winter was just so fucking long, dark, cold, and gloomy, that has me in such glum spirits? After all, it is spring, the leaves have returned to the trees, and the sun actually shines for more than a few seconds a day. The weather has been mild, so the windows have been thrown open to allow in the fresh air. My spirits are perking up, if only a little.

The worst part was that I actually contemplated ending Fantastic Spanking. I didn’t seem to be interested in writing. Over the last three months or so, my posts have been infrequent and mostly about basketball. I was wondering if Fantastic Spanking had run its course.

And yet, I felt that I still had more to say. I have many more stories to tell, thoughts to share, questions to ask. As a computer professional, there are still technical things that I want to try here. I’m not ready to quit, at least not yet.

And so, there shall continue to be Fantastic Spanking in your future. The posts may be somewhat sporatic, but, fear not, they will come. Perhaps I shall try some different types of posts, some ways to involve the reader. Perhaps I shall challenge Angela, who is blissfully unaware of this blog, to invent some clever and unusual spanking activities, and then write about them. Perhaps I shall just ruminate some more. But there will be more. You’ll still have to put up with Ol’ Frank for at least a while longer, if you wish.

There is nothing else to say for now. It is my blog, and I shall blog if I wanna. It may not always be fantastic, but it will always be Fantastic Spanking.

Comments:
I am glad to read that you will continue to blog! Being a spanko is something about which one has no choice. You cannot will yourself to be otherwise. You cannot repress your interest, at least not in a healthy way. So blog on as you see fit and as it helps you to cope and express this integral part of who you are.
I wish you and your wife well and I pray for her healing.
Peace be upon you both.
Spank on!
 
Frank,

Believe me, I understand.

Whatever decision you make, let it be one with which you can live.

With warm regards,
Bonnie
 
Paul -

Thank you for those very kind words. With all due respect to your sentiments and your faith, since I am entirely fictitious, prayers for me would be wasted. I would ask instead for you to use those prayers for real people with real issues, such as those in Myanmar or China, or even those living with their own day-to-day dilemmas.

Bonnie -

Is that a pun? :-)

Regards,
Frank
 
Just a random thought about the back pain of your (fictional) wife. You should consider testing for borreliosis. Cause this may be the reason for back pain which seems unresponsive to everything one would normally try to ease things.

Besids that, I'm happy to her you're still alive. Always enjoyed your stories!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?