Saturday, June 07, 2008

 

The State Of The Spanko, Part Two

Maribel graduated from college three weeks ago. When they said her name during the matriculation ceremonies, she received a standing ovation from those in attendance. Afterwards, she informed her mother and me that, after a couple of weeks at home to “chill out,” she would return to school to help Coach E. with the new recruits. Of course, she will not get paid for this work, and she’ll need a place to stay. Mom has generously offered to handle Maribel’s expenses. Maribel has also had some phone calls from professional basketball teams in England and Poland. She and Bernie are reviewing her options, as Maribel has also expressed an interest in a career in coaching or perhaps law enforcement.

Angela continues to struggle with back problems, but the latest drugs seem to be giving her some relief. She has spent some of her convalescence time creating web sites for various churches and other non-profit organizations, as well as some local schools. Sometimes she even gets paid. She informs me that the rest of the time she is thinking up new and creative ways to spank me.

Colette’s cat, Furball, had developed a new way to torment our poor dog, Wacky. Wacky will be laying next to me, and Furball will creep up behind him. When Wacky swishes his tail, Furball will pounce and wrestle with it. Wacky will jump up and bark, but he will not go after any of the cats because he is afraid of getting his nose clawed. The other cat, Princess, just watches and sighs. She is entirely too dignified to engage in such silly behavior. Princess is twenty-one years old. She will never die. Death is beneath her. Typical cat.

I believe that basically covers everything for now. When something more exciting happens at the Spanko residence, I shall be sure to duly report it. If you believe that I have missed anything, I encourage you to leave me a comment and I shall be happy to make something else up to satisfy my omission.

I hope that the remainder of the weekend is fantastic for all of you.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?