Thursday, July 17, 2008

 

Frank's Little Vacation

First, there is an apology in order to my loyal readers. I just now noticed that the previous entry to Fantastic Spanking was in fact a collation of the previous three entries. You see, I generally type up my little spanking tidbits using the standard computer word processing software. I usually save the last several entries in one document so I know what I have recently written. When I have finished an entry and proofread it, I then go to the Blogspot web site and “cut and paste” my latest entry into the appropriate window.

Unfortunately, for the last entry, I got a little carried away with my cutting and pasting. I managed to copy a little too much text, like what I had just created as well and the previous two posts. So if it seemed like I was adding some summer reruns to my last post, now you know the reason why. The problem has now been rectified, so rerun season is over.

Now that that little bit of unpleasantness is aside, allow me to return to matters at hand, namely my daughter, Maribel, and her pre-Olympics game against the US Women’s National Team. I had mentioned that Maribel was being rewarded for participating and helping organize this game by being asked to accompany the National Team to China for the actual Olympics. Maribel recently discovered that she will be allowed to bring a guest with her. I suspected that Maribel would ask either the boyfriend, Bernie, her college coach, or perhaps her mother to accompany her.

Last evening she asked if I wished to go with her.

She explained that the boyfriend did not wish to be away from the country for over two weeks, that her coach was in the middle of recruiting season, and that her mother might not travel well with her bad back. Then she told me that, if it wasn’t for me being happy to shoot around with her when she was small, and then as she got bigger, she never would have grown to love basketball as much as she does.

It was all very touching.

Angela had no objections. I had a million questions. I do not have a current passport. Would I need a travel visa. What about plane flights. It is probably impossible to get to China with this short of notice. And where would we stay when we got to China.

The answers: The US Olympic Committee will take care of all of the travel details, including expediting my passport application. We will travel with the National Team. And our rooms have already been booked.

In the Olympic Village.

Wow.

We even get to see all of the basketball games for free, although if we wish to see any other events, we will have to pay the admission for them.

One of the things that I’ve always wanted to do before I die was to see the Olympic Games. I was planning on attending the next time the games reach the United States, whenever that may be. But now, my fantastic daughter has given me such a great gift. To see the Olympics, and in one of the oldest and most fascinating countries on Earth. I feel like an eight-year-old going to his first professional baseball game.

I am going to the Olympics in China.

Fantastic.

Comments:
I cant wait for the olympics I am so pumped, my favorite sport is wrestling
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?