Saturday, August 02, 2008

 

Frank Catches You Up

With all of the excitement of the Olympics, I have neglected to report the outcome of the exhibition basketball game between the Women’s Olympic Basketball team and a team that consisted of my daughter, Maribel, and 11 other players whose names I shall not bother to mention because that would mean that I would have to make them up and I’m too lazy to do that at this time.* Therefore, I shall correct that oversight.

Maribel’s team lost, 106 to 80. Women’s basketball legend and Olympic coach, Anne Donovan, paid Maribel’s team a high complement, I think, by saying, “Those ladies played very well against us. Before the game I thought we’d win by at least 50.”

Indeed, Maribel’s team held their own on the offensive end. However, the Olympic Team is incredibly talented and it seemed like they could not miss a shot. Maribel was brilliant, at
least in my opinion, scoring 21 points, and adding 8 assists and 14 rebounds. She also blocked three shots, including one by Candice Parker. She was usually covered by Parker, Lisa Leslie, or Sylvia Fowles, all of whom are taller than she, and yet she was still able to get off shots or find open teammates. Maribel also played tough defense, forcing the Olympians to take many outside shots. However, they made most of those shots, hence the eventual wide difference in the score. Maribel says she does not want to play professional basketball, but her play did have a few interested parties taking note.

On a different topic, you may have heard on the news that, despite promises to the contrary, China is restricting access to certain internet sites. Among those expected to be censored are those that are “morally questionable.” It is expected that virtually all blogs will be restricted because their authors just might say something critical about Chinese government. Spanking blogs will likely be right out because the Chinese masters don’t seem to think as highly of spanking as we dedicated spankos are. I guess that flaming bamboo shoots up ones fingernails are okay, but spanking is not. Some people just have no sense of humor.

You probably think that means that Fantastic Spanking will therefore be dark for a couple of weeks, or that I might publish prewritten material whilst I am away. Fear not, my loyal readers. I shall be offering regular updates from Beijing. Now, you may be wondering how this is possible. The answer is simple. Since I am indeed an imaginary being, I can do anything I want. There are advantages to not actually existing.

My passport has arrived. The plane tickets are here. My bags are packed. Okay, that last one isn’t true as I never pack for a trip until the last possible instant. However, the excitement level continues to rise as the Games get closer. Maribel talks about the trip 24 hours a day, even when she is sleeping. I just remain silent and smile. And, of course, I share my thoughts with you, my loyal readers. And I do that because, well, because anyone who reads my thoughts simply must be fantastic.

* - Longest run-on sentence in the history of Fantastic Spanking.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?