Wednesday, October 15, 2008

 

Number One: The In-Laws

Please allow me to begin to explain all of the reasons for my lengthy absence from Fantastic Spanking. I have a long list of subjects that I had planned on regaling you with. However, the weekend following our return, disaster struck.

I was informed of an impending visit from my in-laws, specifically Angela’s parents.

Now, Mr. and Mrs. Angela are fine people. They have always accepted me as part of their family, are civil to me, and have been very generous to Angela and me. Indeed, we probably could not have afforded our current residence were it not for some monetary gifts that they were kind enough to shower upon us. I sincerely enjoy spending time with them.

However, they live in Florida. Annually, they plan a visit to us. Not to our part of the country. Not a trip that includes visiting us. They come to visit us. We are the sole item on their itinerary. They stay with us. They wish to be entertained by us. They wish to entertain us.

All of this really isn’t so terrible, either. The problem is that they usually give us about four days notice of their intent to visit. Having just returned from China, I had considerable items piled up at work waiting for me to attend to, as well as much house and yard maintenance to catch up on. I did not have time to be constantly attending to my in-laws. Angela insisted that this was all okay, that they were her parents and she would be responsible for seeing to them.

This was easier said than done. Angela’s parents wanted me to tell them all about the trip to China. Her mother kept calling on me to help with this or that, because she, “didn’t want her baby to her back any more.” Her father wanted to chat about sports and house repairs, probably so that he did not have to spend too much time with Angela’s mom. They wanted to go out to breakfast. They wanted to go out to lunch. They wanted me to cook dinner because, “they just love my wonderful cooking.” I finally had to actually go in to the three times in one week just so I could get a little work done. On the first Saturday that they were here, I made them chaperone Colette and her new boyfriend (whom you shall meet later) on a shopping-and-movie outing so I could have a couple of hours to cut the lawn, which had grown so tall that Cat could walk through it and not be seen. This trip did not go so well, but that is fodder for another story.

The last weekend that they were here, I was able to convince them that I really needed to do some major yard maintenance. They were kind enough to offer their assistance. We made a plan to get everything that I needed done, and with everyone pitching in, there would be time for a picnic afterwards. So, naturally, that was the weekend that Hurricane Ike decided to attempt to completely flood seven states. We received 10 inches of rain that weekend, which meant that there would be on yard work and no picnic. Angela’s mother complained that they never had weather like that in Florida until Angela reminded her that, on more than one occasion in the past, they had opted to pay visits to us to avoid impending hurricanes. So Angela’s mother then complained about how much she hated hurricanes.

Now that I have bored you with my problems, I shall attempt to conclude this chapter. During Angela’s parent’s visit, I was hardly able to accomplish anything, so posting updates to this little piece of the internet was right out. As we were collapsing into slumber on their last night here, I promised Angela that, as soon as her parents were on the plane to return them to Florida, I would take her home and give her a good, long paddling on her bare butt for allowing her parents to disrupt my happy life. That, too, will be discussed in an upcoming story.

After said paddling, I made myself a cup of hot Oolong tea with just a touch of lemon. Sighing contentedly in my now-quiet house, I sat down in my office to begin to record my thoughts. I had no sooner typed the first words when Maribel came charging into the house screaming, “I’M GONNA BE A PRO!!”

So writing had to be postponed because Maribel had been offered a tryout with a professional women’s basketball team. In Israel. Preparations had to be made. All of which I shall share with you soon. Having a professional basketball player in the family is fantastic, even though it causes me to neglect Fantastic Spanking.

Comments:
Fate sure conspires against one now and then, eh? I hope you are finally getting rested up and caught up on spankings.

Kallisto
 
Fancy meeting you here, Kallisto! I too hope that Frank returns to action soon and tells us all about it!
 
Kallisto and Spanky -

Thank-you both for your kind words. I'm glad that I could facilitate a chance meeting between the two of you. After all, you know what they say: A family that spanks together ...

Well, I don't know what they really say, but I'm glad to hear from you anyway.

Regards,
Frank
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?