Sunday, October 11, 2009

 

How Much Is Too Much?

32.Would you rather your spanker know your spanking history or is ignorance bliss?
I admit that I am an old guy. Some may prefer to use the term "experienced." However, "experienced" is entirely too vague. I am 50-ish, I've been married for 25 years, and I have two offspring, one of whom has graduated from university. I no longer can run, jump, or throw like I could when I was younger, and I'm usually in bed well before 11 pm, even on weekends. By my definition, I'm old.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

That being said, for me to detail my entire spanking history with someone would take rather a long time. By the time I was finished, neither of us would still be in the mood for spanking.

Further complicating the matter, my spanker is my treasured spouse, Angela. I really have no desire to be spanked by someone else. Angela is quite aware of my spanking history, especially since she comprises most of it.

Therefore, in order for me to properly answer this question, I must do it hypothetically, and I must make a couple of assumptions. Assumption one is that my spanker is not Angela. Assumption two is that, by "know your spanking history," I'm going to submit that the spanker has a general idea that I enjoy being spanked, but that I have not necessarily given them blow-by-blow (or spank-by-spank as the case may be) details.

Given these assumptions, my initial reaction would be that I might prefer that my spanker know my spanking history. Then I began to consider. Since, for me, spanking is usually a prelude to sex, I would have to assume that a spanking partner would likely also be a sexual partner. I would really not want to have a sex partner know a blow-by-blow (in this case, an apt phrase) history of my sexual past, all of my previous sex partners, things we did whilst having sex, etc. The only things that I'd wish to communicate to them are that they are not my first sex partner, whether or not they are currently my only sex partner, and that they won't catch anything from me. Those are also the only things that I would want to know about them.

I began to realize that I would feel similarly about a spanking partner. It's not really important that they know details about my spanking past. They only need to know that I fancy a spanking and that they are not the first person to spank me. Anything else only adds needless baggage.

Every relationship is different. Rather than assuming that one partner will be just like the next, or one will be completely different, I think that one should approach each relationship as a new beginning, a fresh start. Let the relationship grow naturally, comfortably. Don't try to force it into a direction that is was not meant to go. Knowing too much about a person's past can lead to comparisons and assumptions that will not necessarily be helpful to happiness. Avoiding too many details may help the relationship get beyond pre-conceived notions and take on a life unto itself.

Therefore, upon further review, my answer would be that ignorance is my preference over a spanker knowing my spanking history. Ignorance may not necessarily be bliss, but it may lead to a more blissful spanking.

That is, as long as I don't catch anything.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?