Thursday, September 14, 2006

 

An Imaginary Mind Wanders

I graduated from college with a degree in computer science. Right there is a contradiction in terms. Science involves discovery, learning new thing. Computers are just stupid machines that do exactly what we tell them to. We, being computer programmers. So now you know that when your computer doesn’t do what you tell it to, don’t blame the computer, blame the programmer.

But I digress. When I took my first job, I worked in a department called Data Processing. As time passed, Data Processing became Information Systems, then Information Technology. What do these three terms have in common, you may ask. The answer is simple.

The all mean absolutely nothing, but they sound good to some suit that sits behind a shiny desk and gets paid entirely too much money.

What does this have to do with spanking? I haven’t decided yet.

I’ve been feeling rather pensive lately, as a huge, highly visible project at work is now winding down. This means that I’ll go from being unimaginably stressed and busy to having almost nothing to do. Which is perfectly fine with me. So I’ve been thinking about this spanking thing that I am so deeply involved in. Now, I’m not one to ruminate on the question of why I am a spanko. Well, I am a spanko because the actual author of this little collection of diatribes made me so. But I don’t ruminate on why HE is a spanko, either.

Rather, I’ve been contemplating the activity itself. What do I get out of it? I spend quite some time think about, reading about, perusing the internet for, and participating in spanking. And for what? I don’t really learn anything. I don’t really make any new discoveries, just perhaps different variations on the same theme (and if you’ve read my earlier post on the lack of creativity in spanking videos, those variations do tend to be damn few). I am frequently having to watch my words or my acts so as not to divulge my little hobby to my friends, my co-workers, my family, or my children. Granted, if asked outright, I would not deny my spanking proclivities, but neither would I put an “I Love Spanking” bumper sticker on the back of my imaginary car.

So why do I participate? This is a different question than “why am I a spanko.” If I so chose, it would not really be so hard to discontinue practicing this curious art, or at least drastically reduce the amount of time spent in spanking pursuits. So why don’t I? Why don’t I spend more time working on my professional career, or donating my time to charitable organizations, or building things? Why, instead, do I manage my collection of spanking pictures, spanking videos, spanking implements, spanking stories, and, yes, spanking experiences? Why? Why? Why???

But then, I have realized that the answer is really quite simple. There is no complex psychological reason why I am an active spanko. No irrational, driving need, no obsessive fear that if I no longer engage in spanking pursuits that I will not somehow be “me.” Indeed, the reason why I spank and get spanked is quite obvious.

Because I like it. It makes me feel good.

And if you regularly read this online log of mine, I suspect that it makes you feel good, too.

So rather than looking for more complex answers that, in reality, do not exist, I shall count myself lucky for being able to appreciate what is actually a simple pleasure. And I shall also appreciate that my wife and good friend, Angela, enjoys spanking, too.

And that, my friends, is simply fantastic.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?