Wednesday, July 04, 2007

 

The Tutor, Epilogue

Click Here to read Part Five

Dear readers, having just read the story of The Tutor over the last few installments here, I’m sure that you are all wondering whether or not my student, the afore-mentioned Peggy, learned from her spanking. Did she finish the semester well, or did she revert back to her bad habits and fare poorly?

The simple answer is that, yes, she performed well. She did not miss any more tutoring sessions, she excelled in her class work, she passed all of her remaining tests with very high scores, and she even performed some extra-credit work to bring her grades up.

I wish that I could report that, after taking and acing her finals, she returned to my place of residence where we celebrated with an evening of champagne and exquisite love-making. Alas, even though I live in an imaginary world, it is still not a perfect world.

In truth, I did not see Peggy at all during or immediately after finals week. With the end of the school year came the end of the project that the university was paying me to work on. However, thanks to the experience, I had secured full-time employment somewhat closer to my hometown. Therefore, like the students, I was preparing to make my departure.

It was a warm, May Saturday afternoon. I was packing up some of my less essential belongings in preparation for moving to a new city. I had music blaring from my stereo, as did a number of other houses on the block. I had taken a break to sit down and consume my favorite beverage, beer. I heard a car pull up in the driveway and was surprised to see Peggy get out of it, followed by her parents.

Peggy was very excited. She informed me of her academic success, and then proudly introduced me to her parents as the person who had helped make it possible. Her parents greeted me warmly.

After the introductions, her father took me aside and said to me, “I want to thank you for working with our daughter. She’s really quite smart (something that I already knew), but isn’t always interested in applying herself. Every once and a while she needs a whack on the butt to get her attention back where it ought to be. I’m glad that she found someone to provide that whack.” I began to think that Peggy had told her folks exactly what I had done to refocus her, but then I remembered that she had said that she’d never been struck as a child and realized that her father was speaking figuratively.

Her father’s satisfaction was not figurative, however, as he slipped me a one-hundred dollar bill as his way of saying thank-you.

The four of us chatted briefly, then, as they prepared to leave, Peggy blessed me with another friendly hug. She then surprised me by saying that she would be not be returning to this school but rather transferring to a smaller, more specialized private school. I wished her luck in her future and then watched, somewhat wistfully, as she climbed into her parents car and disappeared from my life.

I had the good fortune to run into Peggy recently while I was attending a technical conference. It turned out that Peggy was catering the event. I discovered that she was married with two children. Her husband’s parents had lived in a big, old, country house which Peggy and her husband were able to refurbish and turn into a bed-and-breakfast. The establishment had done so well that Peggy was able to repeat the process with a number of other old houses and thus had parlayed that into a thriving business that ran a string of country inns as well as doing some catering. She seemed very happy and very successful. As we had agreed, I did not bring up the spanking incident that had occurred so many years previously. It seemed like ancient history, anyway.

I was proud of my protégé. She had turned out well. I must confess that there were times not long after our tutoring sessions had ended that I wished I had tried for a more involved relationship with Peggy. I thought that we would have made a great couple. Of course, later I met Angela, and she turned out to be the perfect wife for me because she spanks me. So, I guess, I turned out okay, too. All in all, I’d say that, for both Peggy and I, things had turned out fantastic.

Comments:
Good story, I really enjoyed it!
Kallisto
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?