Sunday, October 14, 2007

 

No Spanking Zone

For those of you who have followed this literary attempt from the beginning, you will know that I have never struck my children, nor has their mother. Now, please don’t take me for a militant anti-spanker. Whilst I understand that some may disagree, I do not see any harm in the occasional swat on the butt of a recalcitrant youngster. Like any other form of discipline, I feel that, if used appropriately, consistently, and sparingly, the infrequent spanking, or even the threat of same, can be an effective way to convince a child that his or her behavior is not to be tolerated. And, like any other form of discipline, if used too often, too painfully, or too erratically, can also be abusive. I could go on, but it is not my intention to discuss the pros and cons of corporal punishment.

Now Frank, you any ask, if that is your belief, why have you never spanked your children?

Go ahead and ask. I’m waiting.

“Frank, if that is your belief, why have you never spanked your children?”

I’m glad you asked.

I am a card-carrying spanko. I derive considerable sexual pleasure out of being spanked, out of spanking someone, and of observing someone else get spanked. I like my spankings long and hard, the harder the better. My favorite implements are flat, wooden, and painful. My spouse and the love of my life (those are the same person in case you weren’t sure) shares my spanking interest. Our idea of a good day is one where we take turns walloping each other’s naked backsides until they are bright red and bruised, and then making love whilst kneading and squeezing those backsides.

Therefore, I am completely and totally petrified at the thought that I might decide to paddle one of my children not because they deserve it but because it would bring some enjoyment to my bulbous crotch region, as Dana Carvey used to say.

I can think of nothing that would screw a child up more than being spanked by their parents for their (the parent’s) pleasure. To me, that would clearly be abuse.

In all fairness, I would not necessarily object if, for an appropriate reason, that another, say a teacher or a babysitter, were to warm the seat of one of my childrens’ pants. Nor do I categorically object if other parents spank their offspring.

When Maribel was born, Angela and I discussed this at length. She does not think that I would ever spank our children for my own benefit. She does not, however, want anyone else spanking them. She feels that spanking is a form of punishment that should be reserved for parents only. She thinks our children are perfect and therefore have never deserved to be spanked.

As luck might have it, our school district is one that has officially banned any form of corporal punishment. Teachers and administrators are not allowed to employ paddles, straps, canes, or any other butt-punishing implement. Also, again due to good fortune (some would say due to good parenting but I know better), our children have always been fairly well-behaved. They’ve had their share of missteps, but we’ve always felt the most important thing was to make them be responsible for their actions. That was why, when I discovered that Maribel and some friends poured several buckets of mud into the car of a person whom they disliked, I made her spend the next weekend cleaning out said car, and also had her wash that same car for a month afterwards.

Please don’t think that, just because I am imaginary, that I am a perfect parent. I am the person who has taught his children several interesting ways to irritate their mother because it amuses me. I also have been known to show them how to plant little “creatures” on their teachers’ computers, things that fill up their screens with images of insects or monsters until they figure out how to disable the program. I have even threatened my children with everything from boiling in acid to running their pets through a meat grinder. Fortunately for me, the youngsters are pretty adept at determining which threats of mine are idle.

Also fortunately for me, when my parenting leaves something to be desired, I have a wife who will spank me. And that, my friends, is fantastic.

Comments:
I entirely agree with not spanking children. there are many other ways to intelligently deal with inappropriate behaviour. However, you should be thoroughly spanked for having them plant bugs on teachers computers!!! Angela should hold nothing back in her arsenal when dealing with this... Teachers have enough to do,without these little amusements.
Mike
 
I think you have a very reasonable view on spanking children. I know that one of my fantasies is being spanked as a child (which happened all of 2 times for real...I think), and spanking children. Naturally, I leave this entirely to fantasy. Anything else would be...creepy. Especially since there is a theory that being a spanko is in the genes.
 
Mike - what's even more humorous is when the teacher calls you because your child "sabotaged" her computer and you tell her how to fix it.

Anon - see my posts here and here on my theories on what makes a spanko.
 
Frank,

Like you, the princess will probably never be spanked. *I* don't feel comfortable with either Chris or I spanking her as we are - as you said - card-carrying spankos. Beyond the squickiness of even the POSSIBILITY of getting anything out of it for myself, or Chris getting anything out of it, I have (ir)rational fear that somebody 'real' would find out about our card-carrying spanko status and we'd be judged for spanking our children, etc. and that illogical fear is even greater than the squickiness sometimes.

And if anyone else ever spanked my child for ANY REASON (even buckets of mud in the car) I'd be more likely to take the hairbrush/paddle/strap/whatever and non-consensually wallop that spanker with it in return. Call it the protective parent syndrome :)

sparkle
 
I haven't spanked my children, and I've luckily been blessed with good kids. I don't think one has anything to do with the other, I think I was just lucky. Like Frank, I'm probly not the best influence on my kids 100% of the time.
I don't think spanking kids is wrong per se, but it was wrong for my family, due to my spanko status (not my hubby so much, but he's learning!).
I feel you Sparkle regarding the (ir)rational fear, I felt much the same way, and it was definitely a consideration when my husband and I talked about parenting.
 
I don't have children but as a child I was never spanked, it was not something my mother ever wanted to enforce due to her own bad childhood. However, me being such a sensitive child, a raised voice was enough to bring me to tears. Probably why ML and I don't practice DD, he would never get to the actual spanking part. OH and 'boiling in acid to running their pets through a meat grinder'...gave me a chuckle though I see why Angela would need to spank you at times for such statements.

Hugs
Dove
 
Hey Frank! Jack and I have no children yet, but I have already given spanking a thought, towards two directions: Oh, crap, what if my kid turns out to be a spanko? If it's in the genes, will I recognize the signs? And two, if God will bless me with the crazy child that I was, what the heck will I do? I mean even the idea of slapping his butt once - like you said - gives me the creeps and will screw my mind forever.

Anyway, I do remember though slapping once my cousin, who is 8 years younger than me. I don't remember any pleasure then, just... I was in the moment. hehe

Anyway, Jack should take care of the education. He's mostly vanilla. I will be with the spoiling, and by the way I treat my cats, and children, in general, I think our house will need at least him having a firm hand. hehe

About spanking can turn you into a spano - when I look back at my life and I not sure if proper spanking would not have cured me of it. ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?